Sigarilyas Gising gising Recipe
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Total Time55 minutes
- 10 pieces winged bean sigarilyas, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 6 pieces long green peppers siling pansigang
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion. Continue to cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the ground pork. Saute for 5 minutes or until the pork turns brown.
- Pour the coconut milk in the pan and let boil. Stir and add the sigarilyas and long green peppers. Cover and adjust the heat to low. cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid reduces in half.
- Remove the cover and add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until the coconut milk reduces, but do not let the liquid evaporate totally.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!