Toning our buttocks requires the use of strength training exercises and fat burning. Many of the moves used in barre classes or cardio burn classes use our own body weight to burn fat or sculpt our buttocks. Using exercises that work our thighs, butt and hips together will improve the overall shape of our buttocks or thigh region and making our torso look tighter or leaner. Do these exercises every other day to help lift our butt. So, let’s see how you can get curvy licious buttocks the natural way.
1. Do lunges
A common exercise to strength or tone our lower body and the lunge is first of the best moves to tone our butt.
- Stand with feet at hip width again. Make sure we have plenty of space to the front or back of you for this particular exercise.
- Reach one leg back several feet. Bend the knee of your back leg until it almost touches the ground. Your front knee should be in a straight line with your front foot.
- Pause at the bottom of the lunge, and then return to the original position by pushing with your front leg back to a standing position.
- Repeat 12 times switching between each leg.
- You may want to consider holding light dumbbells in each hand to increase the intensity of this exercise.
2. Glute Bridges
- Lie on our back with our feet hip-width apart.
- Place the weights on our pelvic area.
- Lift up our pelvis off the floor or then lower it back to the mat.
- Repeat this 15-25 times.
3. Butt Lift
Targets: Gluteus Medius and Hip Adductors
- Lie faceup with knees bent, feet hip-width apart.
- Lift butt or bring knees together.
- Hold for 3 counts, release knees, and lower butt to just 1/2 inch above floor.
- Repeat 35 times.
- Without coming down, do one more round of 35 with knees apart.
4. Single-Leg Jumps
5. Single-Leg Hamstring Curl
6. Kettlebell Swing